Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What does one do with an extra day?

Leap year comes but once every 4 years. It's really just an extra day to work, get paid, or whatever it is that you do. So what did I do?

There are a lot of things that I could have done, but instead I chose to spend some quality time with my favorite person. He had the day off work today, so we slept in, ran errands, went out for lunch, and played some video games. It doesn't sound all that exciting, but his work schedule usually has crazy hours and he's always tired after work, that meaningless stuff with him is awesome.
Lately, he's been obsessed with Mass Effect 2, so I veg on the couch with him and watch him play. It's not as boring as one might think. The game has a great story and lots of action. Very Sci-Fi-ish which I'm totally a nerd for. It reminds me of those Choose Your Own Adventure books I read as a kid. Loved them. This game has aliens, hostile takeovers, inter-species romance - it's just all around awesome. Maybe I'll get around to trying it out someday, but I'm horrible at video games that aren't just button-pushing. Today he beat the game for about the 3rd time. This would be the first I've seen of the ending and he was able to keep the entire crew alive. Good for him.

Tonight is going to be fun. My friend, S, and I are driving up to Disneyland for their 24hr promotion. The park has been open since 6am and closes at 6am tomorrow. Kind of excited to ride Space Mountain at 3am. Disneyland is a genius for planning such an awesome event. An extra day of Disney fun. Boyfriend and I were just talking at lunch about how Disney and Apple will probably take over the world and we will let them. Now it's a race to see which company will create a space station. How awesome would it be to have an amusement park in space? It'll take Space Mountain to a whole new level!

Well, I hope you all do something fun tonight with your extra time. I'm pulling an all-nighter. It's not going to be as easy in my 30s as it was in my 20s or teens. We'll see how I fair.
Caffeine. That will have to become my friend tonight.


1 comment: