Saturday, June 9, 2012

A Message For Jennie

I know I've been a little lax on my updates and I need to catch you up on the outcome of Relay, but today I want to spread a little love to my friend, Jennie Grimes. She was feeling a little down today and I thought this post would lift her spirits a little. Her mets (metastatic cancer) friends are losing their battle one by one and it's taken its toll on her. I just wanted to let Jennie know how much she's loved.

My dearest Jennie,

You are an amazing woman. I'm not sure you realize how much you mean to everyone, especially to me. You make me want to fight harder for things; to not let my own disease dictate my life. I want to live life to its fullest; to not worry so much about what will happen, but what can I do right now and make this day amazing. 
My butterfly fundraiser to fight this horrid disease was a success. Your butterflies are here in San Diego. You are flying endlessly with them. This video is for you. 



With all my heart,
Deb

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Jennie has touched so many lives...mine included. I wouldn't be who i am today without knowing our dear friend Jennie! She's an angel, an Earth Angel.

    ReplyDelete