Tuesday, January 8, 2013

New Year's Resolutions


1st New Year's resolution: update blog more often. (we'll see how long I can keep this up)
2nd New Year's resolution: actually exercise and shed these 30+ pounds my meds made me gain.  (I have friends to go to the gym with, so it might actually happen)

I'm back into the +American Cancer Society's Relay for Life mode. The new season has begun. Thus kicks into gear my exercise regime to ready myself for 24 hours of awesomeness! And you all get to be a part of it here.  My team (all 8 of us) did amazing last year and I'm sure we'll keep up our awesomeness again this year. I'm not so thrilled with the theme this year; Passport to Relay.  Each team chooses a country to represent somehow and on the day of the event, people will get a passport of some kind to go around and get stamps to visit said countries. I think it'll be a challenge, but I'll find some way to make it work. I heard that another team has already chosen Israel, which is the country my mom will want. If not Israel, I vote for Belgium. I like their waffles. :) I'll see if the team is on board.

I got roped into being on the committee this year. I don't know how that happened. I've been asked to be the Team Captain mentor. I know that they want me to take over Leo's position as the TC Coordinator, but it's not my thing right now. Though I'm happy to help in this way. So I'll mentor the team captains and share my secrets to being awesome. :) As much as I may complain about it, I actually enjoy the company of all the people in the committee. They have become my extended family. So here's to good times ahead!

And on that note, I leave you with the silliness that ensued after dinner tonight.




No comments:

Post a Comment