Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Yoga with Bob


So as per suggestion of a friend, I decided to finally try out the yoga DVD I bought last year. It's one of the DVDs from the Biggest Loser line, with Bob as your instructor. Yoga For Weightloss. I wasn't sure what to expect. I've tried yoga twice in my life. The first time didn't go over so well. I couldn't do anything. Miss Unflexible here. And the second, well, let's just say that I slept through it. It was instructed at such a slow pace, that I literally fell asleep at the end. A little embarrassing. And I haven't tried it since.

So here we are. The day I tried yoga again. Now, I've heard good things about it. It's great for strengthening your body and helps you get back to that flexible 10 year-old-you. This DVD actually wasn't so bad. Surprisingly I got a good workout out of it. At least my legs did. They were sore from yesterday, and so when I chose to do yoga I figured it would give them a nice break, but nope. Completely wrong. It actually worked them to that shaky feeling you get when you push yourself to the max. But, it was nice to change my workout routine.

One thing I learned, I am not a graceful yoga balancer.
Did I fall? Yes.
Did it hurt? Not so much. I chose to do it in a bedroom with carpet which totally helped.
Are my muscles sore? Yes!
Will I try yoga again? Yes. It wasn't so bad.

I have to say, Jillian on Biggest Loser is totally different from her personal workout videos. She's much calmer. Still intense and pushes you even through your TV, but much calmer. Bob is the same. Sweet, caring, calm, yet motivating. Though I could feel that way because it was a yoga DVD and yoga is calm and relaxing.

Anyways, thank you, Jesi, for the suggestion. It wasn't all that bad. My legs are sore, but I feel good.

Tomorrow I walk the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment