Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Holy mother of sore muscles, Batman!


The boost of intensity yesterday really kicked me in the butt. Literally. My butt is sore. My legs are killing me. Muscles in my body I didn't know existed are hurting.

Don't worry, I didn't give up exercise today. I actually did the 5 mile walk around Miramar Lake. Aside from the wind, it was beautiful out. One of my favorite littles and her mom, joined me today.


Walks with friends make it that much better. And when the little one keeps saying in her adorable squeaky voice, "Silly Zoe," I die. It really is the cutest thing. FYI, these photos are from last month, but I had to share a photo of how precious Julie is.

We had a run-in with geese. They were everywhere. I actually thought Zoe would have chased them. Her prey drive at home with the crows is on full speed, but just the opposite happened at the lake. She kept her distance. Good thing, too. They were nasty little suckers. The giant geese hissed at us. They honked for food and then if you got too close, they'd hiss. Weird. And of course, I got it on film.

  

They practically took up the whole sidewalk. You'd have to walk through them in order to continue on the path. And it didn't help that a mother/daughter duo kept feeding them on the walkway.

I've been stretching a lot today, but it hasn't helped any. I drank a glass of coconut water, a glass of chocolate milk, and ate a banana after the lake. Trying to get my body filled with potassium and vitamin D. I'm hoping tomorrow to not wake up in as much pain as I did today.
I'm thinking that I might go back to level 1 on the DVD; switch off regularly between the levels so as not to overwork my body. Rebuilding muscle is tough.

What do you do post-workout to help alleviate sore muscles?

No comments:

Post a Comment