Sunday, March 11, 2012

Kudos to me

Since I re-started this blog and decided to regain the muscle I lost while ill, I have to say that I'm very proud of myself. Being one that doesn't get excited about exercise in general, I've pushed myself to get out of bed every morning and workout.
After these past few days, I think I now know why people work out regularly. Not because it energizes you or that it's a great way to stay healthy. But merely, it's a way to eat whatever you want and not feel completely guilty about it.
These past 7 days consisted of a lot of eating and drinking!

• Lunch and wine tasting (a lot of it) in Temecula with good friends.
• A and I have been wanting to try this restaurant, Poseidon and fortunately, I had a $50 Groupon for this place. We finally made it in a couple days before it expired. I was impressed with the food and wine suggestions from waiter, but his service lacked a little. Though I would go back again for a special occasion and try some of the other items on their menu. It's a little pricey for us to go on a regular basis.
• Alfonso's in La Jolla with A's old co-worker, Luigi and his wife. Mexican food is awesome and so are margaritas.
(Side note: Luigi is the typical American girl's dream guy. Over 6 feet, chiseled features, Italian former male model and loves to cook. He is the Italian McDreamy, ladies. I love A, but I couldn't stop myself from staring at him throughout the night. Oh, and his wife is hot too. She's American and the story of how they met is even a romance movie!)
• A food fest at a friends' place for our regular Fringe night. UH-MAY-ZING rice crispy treats compliments of Cristal.
• Sushi. I LOVE sushi and tried a new place down the road with some friends. This place had a good ratio of meat and rice. I hate places where they serve too much rice in the rolls and skimp out on the meat.

And I will most likely have a glass of wine tonight to wind down the weekend. I didn't go overboard, but I definitely am feeling like I ate more than I should for the amount of workouts I did. I don't have the drive to work out for 2 hours a day to cancel out whatever I eat, but I have been trying to get hour workouts in so that I can have that whole wheat bagel and cream cheese in the morning or go out for frozen yogurt with friends in the evening.

I'm still getting used to this new "exercise" lifestyle. But I can see that I'm happier, less depressed, and more energized.

1 comment:

  1. Being able to eat more is all the reason I need to start exercising. Bring on the sushi!

    ReplyDelete