Friday, August 14, 2015

That Time I Thought I Should Run Another Half Marathon

Ugh. What did I get myself into. I somehow thought it'd be a cool idea to run a half marathon again after 6 years. Well, I did get a little motivation. I received an email from CCFA about their newest endurance season in Las Vegas in November. It has been 6 years since I ran a half marathon (and with them). It's the last year that CCFA is going to be the charity for the Rock N Roll Vegas race, and now they've changed the race to run at night! Last time I ran it, it was an early morning race. So I see it as an added bonus that I get to run the strip at night. I'll have both experiences. The drunks stumbling out at 6am wondering what the heck all these people are doing, and then this year, it'll be the ones who are just getting started.

Training started last week. I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. It's been a while since I really exercised, so baby steps, right? I've been walking during my lunch break, getting in what I can in case I couldn't go running after work. Wearing my Fitbit has been helping me try and hold myself accountable for getting in my 10K steps a day. I've been averaging maybe 7/8K, so not too bad. I'll get there.

So now that I'm actually doing this, I'll probably be updating my blog more often (at least try to) with my ups and downs of running and fundraising and whatever else might come up. Should be interesting. . . wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment