Friday, February 17, 2012

Cancer Fundraising

And the fundraising race has begun!

I finally started to send out emails to my family and friends about the 24hr relay I'm doing again this year for the American Cancer Society. I can't believe it's been almost 10 years since I first joined in on this fight. And this year marks the 3rd year that I'm fundraising for my mom. She was diagnosed in Feb 2009. The week of my grandmother's funeral. It was probably the worst timing ever for her doctor to call and tell her. Yet, at the same time, it was good because she was surrounded by her close family and friends to help with the emotional support.
I think because my mom never showed how fragile it made her feel, it helped me help her. She is a fighter. My mother always had a smile on her face. Even through chemo, she made it seem effortless. To be honest, I was worried every day, but the strength in her made me feel better about whatever the outcome. Thankfully, chemo and surgery worked and she's been in remission for a couple years now. And will for a long time.

I know that cancer has affected all of us in some way. I hope that you can find it in your heart to help save some birthdays with a donation, large or small. Instead of buying that cup of coffee, donate the $5 and help save a life. I set a fundraising goal or $800 which is totally attainable but only with your help.

Thank you to Jeff and Rob for your awesome donations! Love you guys!

You can find my fundraising page here. Thank you in advance for your help.

2 comments:

  1. Yay Deb! You are a rockstar fundraiser! I am definitely planning to donate :-)

    ReplyDelete