Sunday, February 5, 2012

There's No Place Like Home

As much as I love to travel, I really do enjoy coming home. There truly is no place like home.

The week I spent in New York was fabulous. I went there to visit with my best friend and ended up also visiting with friends I haven't seen in over 15 years! That was a treat.
I definitely got in a lot of exercise, walking that is. I love that you have to walk everywhere (or take the subway). The neighborhoods in New York are so amazing in that you can pretty much walk out of your apartment and find something fun to do. Be it, shopping, going to the theatre (film and stage), and eating. I LOVE the 100s of options of food places in NYC. I stopped into to some of my favorite bakeries, tried new restaurants, and saw a few more that are opening soon which will be a stop on my next visit out.
I made sure to have a "real NY moment" before I left. Eating pizza on the stoop of a brownstone with a dog.
Eating a slice of pizza with Badu

No comments:

Post a Comment