Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Rainy Day

The rain was insane today. Southern Californians don't know how to drive in the rain. I know I'm generalizing here, but I truly find that people here in San Diego freak out as soon as something wet hits the ground. Within 5 minutes of rain, there is at least one accident. I got stuck in one on the freeway. I was stopped on the freeway for at least a good 5 minutes before I found out from a friend where the accident was. The cops had pretty much cleared the freeway, but all the "looky-loos" were slowing the rest of us down. The road was completely clear after you got past that one area. Ugh.

Didn't get a lot of exercise in today because of the rain, but I did get to visit with a friend from out of town. She's a new mom, so I was able to see the newest member of her family for the 3rd time since her arrival in October. Little S is so adorable.

Unfortunately she was sleeping most of the time I was there, but I did get to witness her rolling over for the 1st time. That was pretty exciting and a great way to end my visit with L.

The rain finally took a breather by the time I got home, so I was able to take Zoe out for a walk. I'm pretty sure she appreciated it, as she was cooped up inside all day. So we both got a little exercise on this rainy day.

Do you exercise on rainy days? What do you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment