Thursday, January 26, 2012

Hello New York!

That's right. I'm in NYC. It's definitely been a long day. The plane ride was actually nice. I was expecting a full flight and to be sandwiched in my row (got stuck with an middle seat), but as luck had it, the row of seats in front of me end up completely empty. So the guy that was supposed to sit in the window seat took a seat in the empty ones and I scooted over to enjoy my first choice of plane seats.
They showed Footloose for our in flight entertainment as well as the sneak peak of the new NBC show, Smash. Which is amazing, by the way! I love musicals having gone to a performing arts school. I can't sing but that doesn't stop me from belting out my favorite songs in the car.

I got adventurous and took the AirTrain/subway into the city. Normally I would just take a shuttle but my friend said this would be faster. Not so bad. Just annoying with luggage.

Anyways, now that I'm here, I expect to get in a lot of walking during my week stay. My bestie is a dog walker so I'll be joining her for that. Plus she lives on the 4th floor in her building and there is no elevator so my legs will definitely be getting a workout on the stairs. I've already done it at least 3 times so far. I'm definitely out of shape. My first trek up with my suitcase was the worst. I could barely breathe. It's a good wake up call. I should be able to walk stairs easily. Granted a suitcase makes things more challenging. Maybe if I lived in the city permanently I would be like J and walk them effortlessly.

First meal in the city was ...
Shake Shack! They have amazing food for a burger joint. Just saying...

So let the New York adventures begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment