Friday, January 20, 2012

Quest For Shoes

So I went on a shoe quest today. I'm going to New York next week and the one pair of walking shoes I have to take with me are not so comfortable anymore. It's probably because I've worn them out from all the past running I did. And the only other pair of sneakers I have are not the best for NYC walking, since you walk pretty much everywhere. My best friend, Jesi, is a dog walker in NY and I usually join her during the walks. So my feet definitely need some comfort.

I started my journey at my local DSW and found some really cute heels by Dr Scholl's. Totally not what I needed but it was so hard to resist them. They were 70% off, so I had to get them.
Comfort to the max!
I found some other casual shoes, but decided against them. I'm going to go back this weekend with my mom to get a second opinion. She recommends that I go for casual shoes rather than sneakers, but that's only because she has a hard time wearing shoes like sneakers that hug her feet.

I ended up at Kohl's and got a new pair of running shoes! My Asics have pretty much seen their day, so I'm very happy that I found a replacement. I know I can't run right now, but I can speed-walk and work my way up to jogging to test out my ankle.
They make me want to run again
I'm loving the magenta in my new shoes! My last pair were blue which has always been my favorite color, but I'm diggin' the pink.

So I have 5 days to prepare my outfits for NY. I hear it's still in the 40s so this Southern California girl has got to find some warm outfits. Layers. That's the key. My wardrobe consists mainly of t-shirts and tank tops; not something I can really wear on the East Coast. So the clothing scavenger hunt in my closet begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment