Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Brrrrrrrr!!

The weather today was crazy! We had some strong winds. All the stuff in my backyard got blown around from one side to the other...well maybe it wasn't that bad, but Zoe's dog bed was blown off the deck onto the dirt. CRAZY! Yesterday the weather was like 80 degrees and here we are today at 60 degrees with winds up to 30 mph. And apparently it's supposed to heat up again by the weekend. Really?! San Diego this year has had summer and spring, and I think that's it.

I have to start planning on running in cold weather. Group training today was at Mission Bay where it was FREEZING!! At least for us spoiled San Diego girls. The winds were so strong and so cold. I should have worn pants! I did have my windbreaker on, which only did so much. I have to figure out what's best to wear while running in cold weather. I should check out the stuff at Road Runner tomorrow. I've got some time. I know that I do want to find some good running pants. My problem is that I've got short legs and some "junk in the trunk," and most pants' inseams are too long for me. I know I could get a tailor, but I can't afford the extra expense, but I might have to splurge if I can't find ones that work. I have one pair of capri pants and they are great, but it's only one. I should have at least one more if not two. So we'll see.

I remember reading something online about a beanie they have out there which you attach your iPod to and it becomes your headphones (or something like that). The things people come up with... But it is a brilliant idea, especially for the people who train in cold weather (east coast cold).

Talking about the cold weather today is making me colder. I think I need to warm up with a cup of tea or hot cocoa. Yeah. That sounds like a great idea. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment