Thursday, October 8, 2009

Riding In Style

Well, my shins are feeling much better today. I did meet Joy at the lake today and was hoping to not have shin splint problems. I have to say that it wasn't so bad. Maybe the ice and ibuprofen did help. I don't know. I did some stretches before the 5 mile walk. And though there was still a little pain when I started, by mile 3.5, either my shin went numb (unlikely) or my muscles warmed up and good to go. Whatever. I'm happy. I'll ice again tonight and take some more pills.
Tomorrow I'll take the day off, since, according to the training schedule, today was the "off" day.

I want to give you all an update on my fundraising. It's going really well. I'm at $2374 which is 47% of my goal! THANKS!! With that said, I still need another $2626 to reach that $5K goal I have. Please pass the word around. Jess has suggested we give ourselves a goal of trying to get $300 by Monday. I think it's possible. If I email 10 people and get them to donate $30, it's definitely possible.
Jess sent us an email tonight with info about recommitment and all the Vegas travel plans. There's so much information but I'm getting very excited about it all. Like it's all really coming to fruition. CRAZY!! I saw there was something about if you raised $7500, you get an extra night in Vegas and get transported to the Ghost Bar for cocktails and hor durves in a...wait for it....LIMO!!! Now that's riding in style!! Maybe that should be my new goal. $7500. It could be possible. And I saw that if someone raises $10,000, they get upgraded to a suite! A friggin' suite!! Wow. I wish it was easier to get sponsorships. That would make fundraising life soooo much easier. "Here you go - $5000." "Thanks!" I would say. "You're awesome!" But it's easier said than done.
But my dad has a lead on someone who might be willing to donate a large sum. His landlord. I guess a couple years ago his landlord donated $5000 to the San Diego Young Artist Symphony. It's something my parents are always involved with since my sister had performed with them. I think I'm going to try and get this guy's information and send him a sponsorship letter. Maybe he'll donate to the cause. I'll let you know what happens.

Saturday's run is in Encinitas. I think it's going to be another 6-7 mile run. Woo hoo! Go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment