Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I have awesome mentees!

I'm so proud of my mentees!! They are doing awesome in training and with their fundraising. Re-commitment is Monday and it looks like all of them are sticking with it and going to continue on to race day in Vegas. I'm so excited! Together, so far, they have raised $6,090! WOW! It's really nice to know that I'm helping them, even in a minute way. It's gratifying.

My fundraising is going well too. I'm up to $2,660. Which is about 53% of my goal. Friday I tried to set a weekend goal. I sent an email to 15 of my friends hoping that they would help me raise $300 by Monday. And if they donated, I would write their name on the shirt I wear to training this week. Out of those 15 people, only one donated. And he donated $100 which was totally awesome! PLUS he works for Qualcomm and put in the request for a matching donation. Doubly awesome! Not only will his name be on my shirt this week, but I will put his name on my jersey as well for race day. I'm sad that I didn't get a better turnout. On the plus side, my friend, Lauren, donated $36 which was great! And I have one more friend who wants her name on my shirt this week, but wouldn't be able to get me the money until tomorrow. I bent the rules for her. Why not? So I plan on using my Team Challenge shirt I got last year and finding some kind of fabric marker to write with. I don't want it to bleed. I have to check my marker box.
So, I've surpassed the amount I need to get to Vegas, but I'm still aiming for $5000. I'm halfway there. It's doable.

I walked Lake Miramar with a friend today. It was a beautiful morning for it too. This week is recovery week. So our distances are not that far, nor are the times. Today was supposed to be a 30 min easy walk, but I did all 5 miles. That's cause I'm awesome! :) Saturday I think we are only going to do about 4 or 5 miles. Easy peasy. I can do that. And it's at the beach - The Boardwalk. Should be fun. Tomorrow is at the UCSD Track. I've never been there, nor have I ever run at a track. Looking forward to the new experience. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment