Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Track Workout

I totally forgot to write to you about how the track workout went last Wednesday.
Let me tell you...
It was an experience!! Really, it was. I went to a performing arts high school, so there were no sports, thus no track and field, so I hadn't set foot on one. Plus, in college, the only fields I ever went to were the football and soccer fields. So no experience at Redlands either.
It was fun. The ground was nice a squishy. Very easy on the feet. And I'm so glad that I have my newly better fitting running shoes! :)

None of my mentees were able to make it to the training, but that's okay. They are working hard training at home. So I focused on pushing myself a little more than usual. Track training is kinda fun. Granted you run in circles the entire time, but it's easy on the joints and it goes by pretty fast. We did a 10 minute warm up running around the track with some stretching afterwards. Then we did pacing. One lap at race pace, one lap at slower pace (kind of like a cool down). I did awesome. I was actually able to run around the entire track a couple times before my asthma kicked in. I haven't run straight for 5 or 6 minutes in I don't know how long. I was super proud of myself. I think for the first time, I actually did more running than walking. I hope to keep that up!
45 minutes of that. I felt great afterwards. Super hungry, but great. My best friend from NYC was visiting so I felt kind of bad that she was sitting and waiting for me to be done, but my iPhone kept her entertained for most of it. :)
I'm looking forward to doing another track training. I think we have one coming up again in a couple weeks. Tomorrow we are back at Mission Bay Park again. It's all pavement running so it'll be a little harder on the joints, but I can do it. I hope to do just as well this week. I'll let you know how it goes (and hopefully sooner than later!)

I've been walking Lake Miramar again. Every Tues and Thurs morning with one of my many preggo friends. Joy is awesome and it's so fun to see her every week and watch the baby belly get bigger!

I received 2 matching donations. One from Intuit and another from Qualcomm. For a total of $600 more. I have finally passed the $3000 mark!! Yay! Thanks everyone! Keep it up! Only 2 more to go. I have a lead on someone who could be a potential super donor. I hope it works out.

There's a big fundraising event this weekend. We're throwing a P90X Bootcamp. I don't know much about them, but I hear they are pretty intense. I'm looking forward to checking it out. I hope some of my friends can make it out. It's free with a $40 donation and if you've already donated, then all you have to do is make up the difference to get to $40 or if you've donate more, than it's completely free! So you should come. It'll be fun.

Anyways, I'm going to get to bed. There's a meteor shower tonight and I want to watch it. I'm going to pick up my boyfriend at 1am. So I need a few hours sleep at least for now.

Good night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment