Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!

This past week's training has gone well. Saturday's run was in Coronado. And the weather was perfect!! The sun was out, but it wasn't too hot. There was a nice breeze. I think I only made it about a mile before I had to take my jacket off.
Most of my mentees made it out this weekend. The Dale family did a great job. 6.5 miles! We actually went farther than expected. None of us saw the neon chalk on the ground to mark the 2 and 2.5 mile turnaround. We ended up making it to the 3 mile marker! Not too shabby. We ended up doing a little over 6 miles. It was exhausting, but felt really good.
I have to say that I think I need to start training with the Energy Gu. I tried it once during a 5 mile run and half way through, when I took it, it totally gave me that extra energy to get me the rest of the way. Now that we're getting into longer training sessions, I'm finding my stamina runs short about 4 or 5 miles in. I think the gu will help with that. Last year I used the flavored power bar power shots to get through the half marathon. They helped. I want to try the gu this year. They are in smaller packages and I can fit more of them in my pocket. I have to take a trip to REI or Road Runner and see what goodies I can find. :)

The run on Saturday left me exhausted for the rest of the day. But I did feel great. Though I think I need to find some new socks. I feel like I'm getting blisters on the tips of my toes and occasionally I'll get one on the inside of my foot by the heal. My friend, Sara, gave me some names of socks that she likes. I'll have to check them out. I figure if the same thing happens with the socks, then maybe my problem is with the shoes, and I'll have to get new ones. Though I hope I still have time. I don't remember exactly when I got my shoes and the time might have expired already to exchange them. Bleh. I don't want to have to spend the money on a new pair of shoes. They are just so expensive.

My interval training of 4:1 is going well. Not ready just yet to up it to 3:2 but I will...eventually. Slow and steady wins the race right?

Yesterday, I did an intense walk around Lake Miramar with a friend and Zoe. It was good. My body aches all over, but it's a good ache. It means I'm working hard, at least that's what I tell myself. We're going to do it again tomorrow. But tonight, I have group training at Mission Bay Park again. Looking forward to it. I know Zoe is excited! :)

One more thing before I go.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!

Her bandages are off! Her boobs are perky again! And all for her 65th birthday!

1 comment:

  1. Deb,
    Thanks so much for being my cheerleader!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete