Monday, November 2, 2009

8 Miles And Still Going Strong

I can't believe we're already up to 8 miles! And the race is less than 5 weeks away! AND I can't believe it's already November. Where did the time go?!

I have to say that I think the Tues & Thurs walks around Lake Miramar have really been helping. It's 5 miles around and doing it consistently twice a week, I think has kept my stamina going and pushing me that much more so to do another 3 or 4 miles would be nothing. Actually, it was interesting. After completing Saturday's running, I felt like I could still go another few miles if I had to. That was awesome! It's like I was tired, but I still had more energy. Weird. But awesome. I hope this continues because there's still another 5 miles I have to add on to the 8. Easy peasy, right?

This week we're pushing up the mileage and Saturday we will be doing 9 miles. I was looking at the paperwork and the most we'll be training is 11 miles. No biggie. Then it's just a couple more to finish the race and that shouldn't be a problem. :)

I bought my plane ticket back from Vegas. $25 on Southwest. So cheap! Arnon is coming with me and after race weekend, we're staying a couple extra days to have a mini vacation. Still not sure where we're gonna stay, but it looks like I'll be switching hotels (most likely) to Luxor. I don't think I've ever stayed there, at least that I can remember. My parents would probably know better. They used to take us to Vegas.
Anyways, I'm getting more and more excited every day it gets closer to race weekend. It's gonna be FUN!

On another note, this will be my 50th blog post since last year when I started writing about my training experiences. Wow. That's kinda cool. Here's to 50 more!

No comments:

Post a Comment