Tuesday, November 10, 2009

25 Days To Go

It's hard to believe that there's only 25 days left until my race in Vegas! Wow! Where did the time go? It feels like just yesterday I started on this journey again and here it is, less than a month away. I've kinda decided that I don't want this to stop. Meaning, the mentoring. I've really enjoyed the last few months being a support system for a few people. PLUS, I get the exercise too! Jessica Johnson isn't going to be back for the next season (she's taking on new ventures) but I'll be sure to let her know to have her replacement keep me in mind to continue with the newbies.

My fundraising is going well. I've accepted the idea that I won't be able to raise the same amount of money I did last year. I really think it was a fluke. My first half. My first "real" attempt at fundraising (I didn't put much effort into the Relay For Life last time, but I will next year when we do it for my mom). I'm almost at $3500 which is an accomplishment in itself. To had raised even $3400+ is awesome. I made my minimum for the race plus some which I'm proud of. I think I might change my idea of $100 donations for a place on my jersey to $50. It's getting down to crunch time and if that would help get more money to help find a cure for Crohn's and Colitis, then so be it.

All my mentees have made their fundraising minimum. I'm so proud of them. From here on in, they don't have to stress too much and just welcome more donations. They all get their Team Challenge Jackets! I LOVE LOVE LOVE mine! Truely. And we got new running shirts for training. Great material and a new saying on the back. "Let's leave the CRAPS in Vegas!" I love it!

This Sunday I run the Silver Strand 5K in Imperial Beach. I'm looking forward to it. I have yet to run a 5K. I jumped straight to the half. Go me! I'll be wearing the new shirt and sporting my Team Challenge gear. Then probably hop in the car and head over to the Hunger Project and feed the homeless (my ritual Sunday morning). I'll let you know how it goes. I'm hoping to finish within 45 minutes. It's only 3.1 miles which is nothing in comparison to 13.1, but it's a good way to practice pace for race day.

Have a good week everyone!!


No comments:

Post a Comment