Tuesday, November 17, 2009

18 Days Til Vegas

I can't believe how close it's getting to race day. 18 days to be exact! Wow. Time flies.

This week we are building up for our longest run to date...11 miles!! I walked 5 miles today with Joy. The weather has been crazy. I drove to the lake and it was cold. But within 30 minutes, it started warming up and by the time I was done, no jacket was needed. My car temperature gauge read 79. From 61 degrees just an hour earlier. San Diego has some of the strangest weather. Our "winter" weather. 70 and sunny. Can't beat that.

Coach Dave sent out his email about our group training tomorrow. Fartleks again. This time longer to help work on race pace. 4 minutes "ON" and 1 minute "OFF" so it should be interesting. We'll see how well I do. Looking forward to the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment