Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Asthma Sucks

Ugh. I hate that I have asthma. It totally gets in the way of a good workout.
Tonight we had training at the UCSD track. I really enjoyed it last time. I did A LOT more running than walking and was able to pick up my pace a little which was awesome. Tonight, not so much. I was looking forward to it too. But I guess my lungs weren't happy. My warm up run was no problem and the first couple of laps around the track were easy peasy, but I think when I started to pick up the pace a little, I pushed myself too much and felt the asthma attack come on. No bueno.

I really wish that my inhalers actually did something for me, but I don't feel they do anything other than make my heart race twice as fast. Acupuncture didn't really work, though I wasn't going consistently since it was a little too expensive. Though I have found that the more I work out, the better my lung capacity has been. I have my good days and my bad ones. I guess today you would call it a bad day. Oh well. We'll see how I do on our long run on Saturday. I think we're up to 9 miles now!

No comments:

Post a Comment