Thursday, April 12, 2012

Last Chance Butterflies

My Relay for Life team is doing amazingly well! I'm so proud of us. We are in 3rd place having raised $1,751. We've had 2 team fundraisers in the last couple weeks. And working on another one. Not sure how much we raised during the froyo fundraiser, but with Rubio's we were able to raise $33.67! Thank you to everyone who came out!

We have another one coming up next week at Souplantation. Let me know if you want to come out and support us and I'll email you the flyer to bring in.


There's still time to get in an order for butterflies. The deadline has been extended until Sunday, April 15th. I received a nice influx of butterfly orders after my post about my friend, Jennie Grimes. She has some very supportive and amazing friends. I'm excited to release the kaleidoscope of butterflies in her honor from everyone!
If you'd like to purchase a $6 butterfly in honor or memory of your loved one(s), please go to my Relay fundraising page, and leave me a note with how many butterflies you'd like and for whom they are. I will make sure that each one is labeled with your love ones' name.

They will look like this when I get them.


 And as I open the envelope, the butterfly will stretch its wings and fly off into the San Diego sky.


It's a beautiful sight. I'd like to try and take video this time. Last year, it was a little overcast, so the butterflies hung around a while before warming up and taking flight. Though it was great because there were many photo opportunities with them.

I hope you've all had a great week. Don't forget to donate. Save a birthday. Cancer Sucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment