Thursday, April 19, 2012

Kida

My poor gecko is sick. I feel like such a bad gecko mom. I missed the shedding issues he was having and didn't catch the eye problem in time. He's on some medication now for the next 10 days, but the vet isn't optimistic about his eye. I might have a pirate gecko soon.

Kida is 10 years old.  The first reptile I've ever owned. He's super docile and loves to be held. Unfortunately, he's gotten sick and isn't eating. I'm hand feeding him baby food with a syringe. The swelling behind his eye makes me sad. If the swelling doesn't go down at all, the vet mentioned surgery to have the area removed so it doesn't spread to his jaw and cause more problems. I'm not sure I would go that far. He's lived a good long life. Granted, they live 15-20+ years, but I've given Kida the best life (up until now, apparently). But I'll cross that bridge when I have to. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment