Thursday, February 28, 2013

Last Day of No TV

So here we are. I have survived my No TV/VIDEO GAMES challenge for the past 28 days. It definitely wasn't easy, but I did it. I did realize that when I'm bored, rather than read a book or work on a project, my go-to was the TV. This challenge forced me to get out there and actually do something. Go for a walk, or finally finish a project I'd been meaning to for months. I actually found myself wanting to be outside of the house with no TV temptations. It was hard with a roommate who watches the television ALL the time. But she was kind enough to mostly watch in her bedroom rather than out in the communal area where A and I would hang out.

My DVR is on overload. Thankfully my roomie would tell me when something would be close to getting erased so I could pick and choose what I wanted to keep. I think there's only like 10% left, but with tomorrow being March 1, I can help alleviate the problem and actually WATCH some of them before they get deleted.

It's been nice though, without the TV on. There have been more dance parties in my kitchen while I'm cooking. No one sees them, but I enjoy it. :) I decided that since we're at the end of this challenge, I think I might challenge myself to something different. My grandmother gave me an old crock pot that still works, so I think I might start trying new recipes weekly. Since I've been working out, I'm more conscious of what I eat and try not to eat too much crappy food. I don't want to ruin all the gym time I'm putting in with super unhealthy food. So we'll see how it goes...

Besides something for Lent, have you decided to take something out of your daily life for a 30 day trial?

No comments:

Post a Comment