Friday, February 8, 2013

It's Snowing in San Diego


The east coast may have found Nemo, but San Diego seems to have found some snow! My sister lives a little over an hour away and she got snow that stuck around. While it didn't snow in my neighborhood, we did get hail. It's kinda like the same thing only you don't want to stand outside with your mouth open to catch it.

The house was nice and toasty this morning, the last thing I wanted to do was venture into the cold and windy outdoors. But I had to get my last workout of the week in. I've gotta log my miles for Relay. Though I won't be walking all 24 hours, I do my fair share of track time - at the least I get in 6 miles. There was one year I actually walked the length of a half marathon. My feet were definitely feeling that.


I wish that I'd had firewood lying around the house. This would have been the perfect night for it. Instead, I just turned the heat up a little, sat at a table and did a little valentine nail art. I'm not super good at it, but it's an enjoyable way to wind down for the evening, especially with some tunes playing in the background.
my valentine nail art

See, it's cold and rainy nights like this that I would snuggle up in a blanket on the couch and watch a movie. This challenge has really made me think of alternative ways to keep myself mildly entertained. What would you do if you couldn't watch tv? How would you spend your time?

No comments:

Post a Comment