Monday, September 21, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me!



Today is my 30th birthday! I can't believe I'm 30 already. 3 decades of me. Crazy. But I'm excited for what this next decade will bring. Since Monday is really not a good day to celebrate, I'm throwing myself a big birthday bash on Saturday. It should be LOTS of fun.

I did get up and go for a run today! Well more like a walk/run. More walking than running. My achilles is still hurting but not as bad. It actually feels a lot better, but I decided to take it easy.
I've been working on a personal goal to try and do 2.5 miles in 30 minutes. I'm getting close. I did 2.27 miles in 37 minutes. Though I did walk almost all of that, so I think it's pretty good. I figure if I can do 5 miles in one hour, than I can finish the race in just over 2:30, which would be totally awesome considering I did 13.1 miles last year in 3:33. So it's just a goal of mine. I'll let you know when I reach it.
We have training on Saturday at Lake Miramar. If you go all the way around the lake, it's almost 5 miles. 1 hour to get around it would be awesome. But I think that's something I have to accomplish on my own time and not on Saturday. I want to make sure that my mentees stay at a good pace and not push themselves too hard. I want them healthy and not in a hospital. If I can get them to walk it in 1:30, that would be great. I want them to start at one thing/one goal and then work their way up - pick up speed or whatever it is they need to cross the finish line.

Well, I'm going to go enjoy the rest of the day! Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment