Sunday, September 20, 2009

Recap of the Week

So I realized it's been about a week since I last wrote. Let me catch you up.

My fundraising is going super duper well! I'm already up to about $1700 and I just got 2 more donations in this weekend which should bring me up to about $2000. You guys are awesome! Please keep forwarding out my fundraising webpage to all your friends, family, co-workers, etc. You know what's really cool is that I've had a few people donate $26.20 in honor of the 2 half marathons. 13.1 x 2 = 26.2 It's AWESOME!! I love it!
So I've got about $3000 more til I reach my goal so keep them coming!


Wed (16th), we had a really good run/walk. Group training was at Mission Bay again. I took Zoe this time with me. She was soo good. Everyone loved her. Even Coach Dave fell in love. He ran with her on the way back. Zoe LOVED it. When I run with her, she still sort of has some freedom to sniff since we don't go so fast. But with Coach Dave, he's a runner in the true sense of the word. Zoe actually go to RUN. And from what Dave said, she was actually going faster than him, but he didn't want to push her too hard since he wasn't sure if she could take it. I told him next time to go as fast as he wants. She'll keep up. He's excited to do it again. I think as long as we have runs on Wednesdays at Mission Bay, I'll probably bring her. She'll be our Wed night mascot. Now I just have to work on getting Zoe her own "I get the runs for Crohn's & Colitis" t-shirt. That would be so awesome.

I wasn't able to make the Saturday group run because of Rosh Hashana, the Jewish New Year. I had to be a good Jew and go to temple. So needless to say, this weekend has been training free. But I'll get back to the grind on Monday.
I've been feeling some pain in my right achilles. I think I need to stretch it out and do some strengthening exercises. It totally kills to try and walk. And I don't even know why it started. I don't remember aggravating it at all. It sucks. I'll have to email the coaches and find out if there's anything else I can do besides the calf stretches to get it healed. Bleh. No pain, no gain. Right?!

Well, I'm gonna go work on healing my achilles. Send positive thoughts my way. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment