Sunday, September 13, 2009

The End of Week 3

I can't believe how awesome you guys are!! I have now reached 25% of my goal! And I have a handful of names to be adding to my racing jersey. Keep those donations coming!!

Yesterday's training was in La Mesa at Lake Murray. I can honestly say that I do not ever recall being at that lake (in my almost 30 years of life). It's really gorgeous! I love Lake Miramar, but this one has these gigantic geese honking around everywhere. It's really cool. Though the trail doesn't go all the way around the lake, you can still get a good 6 miles or so it if you go out and back. I think we did about 3.5 maybe 4 miles total, which is really good. A little running. A little walking. It was pleasant.
I'm concerned my mentee, Sherry, is pushing herself too hard. I love that she is so motivated to get out there and train and try and run a little. But I'd rather her walk and work on maybe a faster pace, than see her get complications from running (if it's been too soon since her surgery) and relapse. But only Sherry knows her body, I'm just here for moral support.
Bruce is doing awesome. He's picking up speed really well and before he knows it, he'll be ready to do some running/walking intervals at a good pace.

We had a nutrition clinic after training. Learned some new things. I went out to Target today and bought some G2 (the lower calorie Gatorade). I haven't tried it before but I guess it's supposed to be better (less sugar) for training. Though there are better sports drinks out there, that's all that Target had while I was there. I need to go into REI and pick up some Power Bars. I have some of the energy shots from last year (which I think are still good), but I don't have power bars.

I went with the Dale's to D.Z. Aiken's for brunch afterwards. I LOVE that place. The challah french toast is my favorite. They hadn't been their before so it was nice to be there for their first experience at DZ's. I'm thinking we might have to do breakfasts more often after trainings on Saturday. It's a good way to get to know my mentees better and to help them brainstorm for fundraising ideas. They have to raise $6800 I believe in order to get all 3 of them to Vegas. But I know they can do it. We'll come up with some good stuff for them to do.

Anyways, I can't believe it's already the end of training week 3. Only 12 more to go! Vegas will be here before I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment