Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Little Runner That Could

Wow. The run today was a little more intense this time. We ran for an hour at Mission Trails and I guess we ended up choosing the rockiest of trails. I found it tough to run down or even up the rocky hills. The rocks were protruding from every where. The entire trail wasn't like that, but a lot of it was. I felt like the little engine that could. "You can do this," I kept telling myself. It got hot fast and I got out of breath earlier than I have been. The doctor put me on a new inhaler on top of the one I already have. I don't really think it's doing much different but maybe it takes a while to really see results. It's only been about a week since I started using it. Now I have to take Flovent twice a day, every day and if I feel I need my albeuterol inhaler, to use that when needed. 
So I fell behind everyone, but I had my tunes to keep me going. I think I need to make a new playlist. I've been listening to the same music every time I run, so I think it's time to change it up. I've also been thinking that I should just get one of the tiny MP3 players. My iPod is so big and clunky to have strapped on my arm. It's almost worth it to spend the money to get one of the iPod shuffles or some cheap MP3 player (but the problem with that one is that it has to be Mac compatible. My PC laptop is non-functional at the moment). If anyone has some suggestions, please let me know. Though I have no clue if anyone is actually reading this, but if you are - thanks for reading!!

I have to admit that half the time I'm running, I still wonder why I'm doing it. I mean, I know WHY but more like why am I actually running. I can barely keep up with the other runners, my asthma is getting the better of me. I should really just be walking. But I don't like the sound of that - "walking a half marathon." It sounds cooler to say "running a marathon." Am I right? I like the idea of running a marathon and finishing it, but actually doing the long distant running is SO tough. It's a lot harder than I thought. I can sprint in soccer - no problem. But running for miles and miles...I must be crazy! Oh well. I've gotten this far. It's been one month already! I can't believe it. Only 2 more to go. July 20th will be here in no time. 

I finally downloaded the pictures from the benefit party and with Picasa I can embed a slide show on here - so for those of you who want to see the pictures - here they are!


No comments:

Post a Comment