Sunday, May 18, 2008

Half Way There

Team Challenge -- is just that. Yesterday we had a 7.5 mile course at Torrey Pines State Reserve. We did the trail and beach run. Though this time I chose to train with the power walkers due to an email I got from our endurance manager that said for the "wunners" this terrain would be best trained with the walkers. So April and I joined them this week. I have to say that those power walkers train just as hard as us runners. I figured it wouldn't be as tough as our run training, but it's just as hard. The walking coach, Devon, is great. She pushed us and gave us personal tips for our gait - exercises and such. She showed us the power walking moves and got us to 14 minute miles. 
In order to be in the race, you have to be no higher than 14 minute miles. No problem. We've got that covered. Between walking and running, we've got it in the bag.
The training yesterday was so exhausting. Granted I haven't really been running more than about 4 miles when we go out for about an hour run so to do 7.5 miles was definitely a push and a challenge. If I'm already exhausted after 7.5 miles, how the hell am I gonna do the other half. But you know what? I'll get there. I'm pushing my endurance to get there. I WILL get there. 
I loved the view of our training though. We were coastal and so once we made it up to the top of the Torrey Pines hills - wow. The view was spectacular. We walked down the hill to the beach and along Blacks (for those of you that don't know Blacks beach, it's our nudie beach - mostly gays - though there were no nudies while we were there) We went out to the ghettie and then back along the beach all the way to the parking lot - about a mile back. 
I was proud of myself for sticking with it. Half way there.

I CAN DO IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment