Thursday, July 17, 2008

Ready To Go!

OMG. I can't believe that it's already here! I leave tomorrow for Napa and I cannot wait! I'm super excited but nervous at the same time. I've gone through a rollercoaster of emotions and I've had my challenges and set backs, but I have to say that I am extremely proud of myself for accomplishing something new and overcoming everything that fell in my tracks.

Last weekend we had our last group run in Mission Beach. I've been dealing with some nasty shin splints so I couldn't really run. After about 5 miles, they felt much better (all warmed up) but that totally sucked cause we really only did a 5 mile run. So I've been babying my shins and getting them all stretched and ready to go for this weekend. I was proud of myself regardless - I stuck with it and walked and worked on my power walking. It turned out that I ended up meeting up with some of the other runners and they walked back the last mile with me. It was fun getting to know some other girls on the team. 

We had a brunch afterwards up in Solana Beach where Jess gave us our racing jersey and plane tickets and everything else we need for Napa. It's all so exciting. I met some people on our team that I hadn't seen before. It was cool. 

After getting the jersey I decided I wanted to decorate it. Bling it out. Do something to make it fun. I went to the store and got some stuff to use for decorations. My friend, Jessica, was with me. She's really creative as well and is helping me put everything on. I'm meeting up with her tonight to pick up my jersey. I'm excited to see what she did with everything I got. I'll be sure to take as many pictures as I can when I'm in Napa. Probably won't have any of me during the race since I can't really carry a camera with me, but I'm sure someone will have pictures and I'll try to bring my camera so after I finish, I can get some photos in of us at the festival.

Thank you sooo much for all your love, support, and generosity in this chapter of my life. I couldn't have done any of it without you.

See you when I get back from NAPA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment