Thursday, July 3, 2008

2 Weeks And Counting

I can't believe that I'm only 2 weeks away from running the half marathon up in Napa. That's nuts. I think I've come a long way since I first signed up to join Team Challenge. I've never run this much in my life. Running while playing soccer is one thing, but long distance running sure takes a lot of perseverance on my part to get myself out there. Meeting April was probably the best thing that could have happened to me in this chapter of my life. She has been my rock in the low times as I have been with here. I push her to keep going and she makes sure I quit my whining and reassures me that I can do it and go the distance. I know it's cheesy but it's the truth.

April and I ran Miramar Lake again today. I have to say that I really do not enjoy running in 80 degree weather. I'd prefer the 60s or 70s. But seeing as how we'll be running up in Napa, running in the 80s is probably a good thing. They say that the weather up there will be anywhere from 65 to 80 - I'm sure depending on the time of day. The race starts at 7am and I'm hoping to finish by 10am - so hopefully the weather won't be too hot by then, otherwise I think I'll probably pass out from heat exhaustion. And I don't need to be carried to the finish line by a stretcher. I refuse. =o)

Tomorrow is the 4th of July. I could use it as my day off, but I want to try and at least get either a 2 mile walk or run in, depending on how I'm feeling when I get up in the morning. I know the dogs would love the walk. It's been a while since I've taken them training with me. They'd always slow me down and I needed to try and keep a consistent time. So we'll see. There's a run Saturday morning though downtown. I'm not sure if I want to go do that one or just do a long run on my own. I kinda want to run a trail instead of asphalt or cement. It'll be better for my body to run in the dirt. I might get better time. Who knows. I'll wait to hear from April and see what she wants to do.

Your support and donations for my fundraising has exceeded my expectations. I remember when I originally signed up I thought I'd never be able to reach $3500 and here I am now at $5300! You guys ROCK! It's a good thing I only do these charity runs once a year. I don't think I could do so well if it was all the time. Next year I'll probably go back to the Relay For Life - a 24hr walk. My parents really enjoy that one and we missed it this year.

Well I think I am going to go and relax now. Thanks for listening! I'll write again soon.

Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment