Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I'm a Wunner

Saturday's run went well. It was soo cold though. I should have worn a heavier running jacket. It was perfect for the run but afterwards during our fundraising clinic, it definitely wasn't thick enough.

I've made friends with one of my teammates who seems to be at the same pace as I am. We kinda of have this support system. I think it will be nice to have a running partner. Now when I say run, I really mean, run AND walk - a Wunner. With my asthma it just makes sense. There are actually quite a few wunners on our team. We just have to find the right pace to get us across that finish line in less than 3 hours. Well that's my goal at least. If I were to RUN the 13.1 miles with a 13:50 pace, I'd finish in just a tad over 3 hours. I have a goal to get down to at least 10 minute miles and then see where that will get me. This is definitely as challenging as I thought it would be.

Tomorrow I've got to go for a run for about 30 minutes. We'll see how far I can go.

No comments:

Post a Comment