Friday, August 28, 2009

Snail Mail

So I found out that my mom had another flare up a while ago. I guess it's passed, but if I remember the conversation correctly, the doctor is concerned and wants to do some tests - I think that's right. But in any case, she's doing well otherwise. My mom is also on her 3rd week of the 4th and last round of chemo. Yay! Though she does look beautiful bald, my mom can't wait for her hair to grow back. Once it does, she says she's going blonde! My mom a blonde. I never would have thought, but the wig that she has that is blonde actually looks really good on her. *sigh*
I could never go blonde, not that I want to. I love my dark hair and blue eyes. I just play around with highlights. I love the dark with red highlights. My hairdresser, Marcy, is awesome. I haven't been disappointed with a hair color yet. I'm thinking for race weekend that I'm going to re-do my highlights with BLUE and ORANGE so that I totally sport my Team Challenge spirit! I think it'll be awesome. Unless...I could always to just blue and orange hair! Ha! What do you think? Should I do highlights or actually color all the hair? I'm open for suggestions. I have til December anyways.


I started sending out all my emails for donations. So far I've got $211. That's just 4% of my goal. I finally finished the letter I'm actually sending out via "snail mail." I have 100 copies and 100 stamps. Gavin at the UPS store in Mira Mesa totally was able to fix the issue with one of the PDFs I have for the donation form. He worked his magic with Corel. He's awesome. Now I have to start addressing envelopes and stuff. That should take a day or two, but that was where I was able to raise the most money. People don't normally get snail mail anymore. I always love it, especially when it's not junk mail or bills. It makes me feel special. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that feels that way. If you have an address of someone that you think would donate and help me reach $5000, please shoot me an email with their info and I'll send them a letter via the US Postal Service.


And one more thing. It's really friggin HOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment