Thursday, August 27, 2009

Quick Sniff

Today I did just a quick 30 min walk with Zoe. A different route than she's used to so there were LOTS of new smells for her. Her wanting to sniff everything does hinder the walk a bit, but she's getting better and doing the quick sniff to keep the pace moving. A major improvement from last year when it was difficult to take the dogs out because it was snifftastic for the dogs on a regular basis and they hadn't been used to the pace. Zoe's getting the hang of it. If we run, she's learned that everything has to be fast - sniffing, peeing, whatever. And when we walk, she has a little more time to do everything. But she keeps up, which is good.


Yesterday's run was good, but totally made the start of my day suck. Zoe and I were heading home as we were crossing the street, this bitch in a white car decided she didn't want to wait for us. She almost hit my dog! as she swerved around us. SERIOUSLY??!! She could have waited like 10 more seconds and we would have been passed her car. Friggin' Mira Mesa drivers. Same thing happened last year with a truck. I don't want to get all racist or anything, but asian drivers in Mira Mesa should not be behind a wheel. They are totally inconsiderate of pedestrians, drive too slow, or whatever. Now I'm not saying ALL asian drivers are bad, but living in Mira Mesa practically my entire life, I've only had bad experiences with them.


So anyways, enough of that.


Saturday is our first offical group run. Looking forward to it. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment