Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Testing The Waters

So I took Zoe out for a walk today. Not a super long one, but it was a good 30 min walk. I really need to do it earlier in the day, because at noon, it's just too darn hot! But we did it anyway. While walking, I got the urge to see if I could run without any ankle problems. It actually wasn't so bad. I didn't feel any tightness or soreness or anything to make me think I couldn't start running again. It was a nice feeling. Granted my lungs need work. I didn't bring my inhaler since I wasn't planning on running, but I survived.


I have to start taking the steroid inhaler again on a regular basis if I expect to run. I hate having this exercise-induced asthma. It really holds me back from doing what I want to do. And I never really found the inhalers to work that much. I'm thinking of trying out my mom's acupuncturist. Apparently she helps with asthma and I'm willing to give it a try. If she could make it so that I can run longer than 3 minutes without becoming out of breathe, I think I'd be in heaven. I can't remember what it's like to run without breathing problems. I've had this issue since I was 17 and I've felt that all it's done is held me back from any type of sport. I was able to survive soccer because it's stop and go running, but for me to run another half marathon, I'd like it to be a little easier. I'm very proud of myself that I was able to run a half in the 3.5 hours, and with 2 asthma attacks (mostly caused by emotions running high); but I would love to be able to do it in less than 3 or even 3 hours would be awesome! So we'll see.


Anyways, I have the Team Challenge Mentor meeting tonight. I still have to fill out the application, but I'm excited to find out more about the position and what it entails. Being that I'm not a "runner" per se, nor am I a full-fledged "walker," I'm hoping there's a happy medium. Maybe to be the "wunner" mentor. Ha! We'll see.


I should probably go hop in the shower now. I feel so diiirty. :) But good after a nice walk/run this afternoon. I know Zoe is completely pooped out and that's a good sign. She's got so much energy that she benefits from my training sessions too. She's a happy pooch.

No comments:

Post a Comment