Thursday, July 9, 2009

I'm Gonna Be A Mentor

So last night was the mentor meeting group for Team Challenge. I got to find out more about what the duties are and all that jazz. I think it's totally something that I can do. I'm good at motivation, right? I've experienced the ups and downs of training and fundraising and everything else. I think I'd be good at this. Most of the interested mentors are runners, so I think I'll be mentoring the walkers. Cristal is the walking coach, so I know for sure she's gonna need some help. I can walk. I can jog. It'll be good. I can do the walking at the training sessions and do some running training on my own time. It'll work out. This'll be fun.

Jess has also decided to start a Team Challenge committee and I'm totally going to join that too. I want to help with events/fundraising. I love party planning! Just ask all the people who have come to my themed birthday parties. :) I have a really good feeling about this.

The Kick-Off party for the race is Aug 22 and I don't think I'm going to be back in time for that. I'm leave for Canada Aug 12th to see Lea and drive back to AZ with her. I know we'll be back to AZ in time, but I don't think I'll make it back to San Diego. I believe my parents are going to drive out to AZ to pick me up at my Aunt and Uncle's place (who I intend to visit with for a few days). But Jess said it wasn't a big deal. She just needs to know who will or will not be there. But for sure, I'll be back in time for our first group training session on the 29th.

I'm getting super excited. This is gonna be a great season!

No comments:

Post a Comment