Thursday, March 20, 2008

Let The Running Begin

I found a picture of me after one of my runs. I LOVE that running jacket. I don't get too hot in it when I run and surprisingly I stay warmer than I had expected. Good investment. =)

So on Tuesday, there was a Kick Off party for all of us trainees. We met our coaches and some of our teammates. There was yummy food and some wine. I think I'm really going to like this group. There was a lot of energy coming from the staff, especially Jessica. She is just all over the place, it is too cute. I sense she's going to be a great motivator for all those future rough patches.

I brought my mom along with me so she can see what she's gotten me into. My mom seems excited for me. I think she's going to be my biggest fan. =) I spoke with the executive director and she seems to think that I'm going to be one of those people that goes on to race in a full marathon after I complete this one. I don't know. Let me get through this one and see how it goes. One race at a time.

I'm really excited to get started. Saturday is our first group run and afterwards we have a shoe clinic. It's definitely time to get a
new pair of running shoes. I've had mine for a couple years and I think they've been worn out. My heels are starting to hurt now when I wear them for an extended period of time. I think that's a sign, don't you?

I'll let you know how Saturday goes - how slow of a runner I really am.

Oh, I almost forgot. Click here to donate and help me reach my goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment