Sunday, September 13, 2015

Adventures with an Orange Cape


I totally forgot to write about this!

A couple weeks ago, I was nominated by my teammates to be the Spirit Award winner for the week because of my braveness for finally sharing my story. I was presented with an orange cape that I got to wear all week.


I had a few activities planned so I proudly brought my cape with me and showed it off. No one really asked me about it (like it was completely normal) but whatever. I like to think that someone saw it and looked up what CCFA and Team Challenge is.




One of the rules of receiving the cape is to add something to it that represents you. I chose to embellish it with things that sparkle. The picture doesn't do it justice, but the blue stars are glittery and the trim around Team Challenge are stick on rhinestones. It's really cool in person.


While I'm glad I've shared my story, there's still a part of me that feels weird that it's out there, but I don't shy away from talking about it now if someone asks. So, thank you Team Challenge for giving me the push to put it out there and try and help others.

No comments:

Post a Comment