Wednesday, February 24, 2010

New Adventures

So I've taken on 2 new running adventures. Well, really one's walking and the other running.
The first is the American Cancer Society's Relay For Life. It's a 24hr walk here in Mira Mesa/Rancho Penasquitos. And I don't do it alone. My parents have put me in charge of getting a team together for this relay. My mom is really excited to be a part of it since she IS a SURVIVOR. The nice thing is that there's no fundraising minimum. Not that I have a problem with fundraising or anything, but I just finished a big fundraiser for Crohn's & Colitis, that I think it's time to take a break. At least for a while.
Our team name is Purple Cancer Eaters. We've done this relay for a few years now, but we took off last year due to family stuff. So we're back now and I'm in charge. Yay. I love how I get delegated as team captain. But I have recruited a few new people. So far we have a team of 7, which is awesome. And we've raised more than $600 as a team! Go us!
The relay is in May, so there's a few months to try and do a few fundraisers or something.

My other new running adventure is the San Diego Rock N Roll Relay. This one I'm running with friends. Actually 3 of my girlfriends I met during my first half marathon in Napa. Our team name is Running Winnos. We meet up once a month and drink wine and gossip and one of our houses, so the name is fitting. Plus we all ran together, so why not. I think we'll make some fun t-shirts or something like that. This race isn't until the first weekend of June, so there's time to train again. And I have some friends to train with. yay!


I have been keeping up with exercising since TC's Las Vegas Half. Not everyday, but close. Though I have been trying to fit in some strength training. I got a Jillian Michael's video from Netflix and copied it so I could use it on a regular basis. This video totally kicks my ass!! Wow! Though I feel really great after working out. And it's only a 45 minute workout which is perfect. I do it in the morning when I wake up and then I'm starving by the time I'm finished so breakfast is sooo tasty. And I'm hungry more often but it's okay. I'm getting fit. I need to lose 30 lbs. I think I'd be happier 30 lbs lighter. I know I can do it cause I've done it once before on Weight Watchers. But I'm doing things different. I'm watching what I eat AND exercising. I didn't do that before when I had lost the 30lbs. So yay. I can do this. So far I'm 5lbs lighter. I'm prepared for it to be a long process before I get to my goal weight. I gain muscle faster than I lose weight. So here goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment